BACK
NEXT
SSPL_10301565_preview
10301565
Add to Lightbox Add to Lightbox Buy Image Buy Image

This image is protected by copyright law. Please contact us for advice on our licensing terms, before reproducing it for commercial purposes.


To save a small version of this image for mock-up or research purposes, right click (or control click on Macintosh) and Save Picture As...

Nine Elms Station, London, 1838-1848.

Coloured lithograph. Nine Elms Station in Vauxhall, London, was designed by William Tite and opened in 1838 as the London terminus of the London & Southampton Railway, later named the London & South Western Railway. In 1848 a new and more central terminus was built at Waterloo causing this station to close. In 1941 the building was damaged by German bombs and was finally demolished in the 1960s. The land is now used for the New Covent Garden Market.

Image No. 10301565 | This is a Rights Managed image.

Credit © NRM/Pictorial Collection / Science & Society Picture Library -- All rights reserved.
View Lightbox View Lightbox Print Lightbox Print Email Lightbox Email Copy Lightbox Copy Rename Lightbox Rename Delete Lightbox Delete