BACK
NEXT
SSPL_10418143_preview
10418143
Add to Lightbox Add to Lightbox Buy Image Buy Image

This image is protected by copyright law. Please contact us for advice on our licensing terms, before reproducing it for commercial purposes.


To save a small version of this image for mock-up or research purposes, right click (or control click on Macintosh) and Save Picture As...

‘West Entrance to the Tunnell, Regent’s Canal, Islington’, London, 1822.

Coloured aquatint showing barges on the Regent’s Canal. The Regent’s Canal, connecting the Paddington Canal and the Thames at Limehouse, was opened in 1820. The canal cost £772,000 to construct, twice the amount originally estimated. The Islington Tunnel, which at three quarters of a mile long (878 metres) is the longest canal tunnel in London, was completed in 1819.

Image No. 10418143 | This is a Rights Managed image.

Inventory No.: 1982-0347
Source No.: 1982-0347

Credit © Science Museum / Science & Society Picture Library -- All rights reserved.
Search for related items:
To search for related items, choose from the following related keywords. To search multiple keywords, select multiple checkboxes and click Search Selected. To search for a single keyword, click the keyword itself.
Show items that have: